Thursday 2 April 2009

finished magazine


Commentary magazine cover
Like most standard magazines have chosen to use a masthead. This is called SOLIDIC. It uses the colours blue white and black to represent the colours of the house style. This has been made unique so that it is recognisable by the shapes used the minimal fonts styles and the colours. So by using a masthead I have followed standard conventions of a magazine.
I have used a dateline as most standard magazines do. It tells the date in which the publication is published. My one is “19th April 2009” which is randomly selected as this isn’t a real magazine this isn’t practically important but it is a 2009 publication so that magazine is more relevant to the 21st century lifestyle.
The main image I have used is of the model “Sonia Naza Ali” it has been used in effectively to show the image people are relating to these days and the model is making full eye contact. Also linked with the main image is the model credit, this says “The new sound Sonia Naza Ali”. This is used for as it is usual for such a credit to appear on the cover so I have conformed to the conventions of magazines.
I have used very few cover lines as I have noticed that some specific magazines that I have seen have lots of cover lines to suit the company house style whereas other magazines use very few. The main cover line is very large on the page it says “are techno remixes taking over?”it has been put on top of the image so that it shows up clearly as this has importance this would have been a recurring feature in the SOLIDIC magazine. Some coverlines are in colour to standout against the background
The left third usually in western countries is vital for selling the issue in the shops. This is the reason why I have moved the barcode from this side as it doesn’t sell my magazine where as the main cover line does. The colours used are white, blue and black which makes the company house style easily recognisable.
I have used a standard barcode so that it can be used by retailer and so that the magazine is like a standard one.
I have the selling line just under the masthead so that it easily sums up and gives a sharp, short description which will most likely gain the target audiences attention. Mine is “test your rock omiter”. These sums up what the magazine could be about. The word “Test” is a buzz word which has a further meaning that will be noticed by audience. “rock” is a common word used by the genre of music I am targeting.


commentry table of contents
I have completly changed the design from the production of my first draft. i have challenged the conventions of standerd contents throughout by using many images. however i have used many images ase i believe that is what my target audience is looking for.i have used the company house style colours to make the document look prefessional. I have used black and white images to match the cover. and a drawn landscape image that i was originally going to use in my double page spread, it took a long time to do so i thought that i might as well use it.



Double page spread commentary

my double page spread uses the colour scheme that I had for the front cover and the table of contents so that it matches the company house style and so that the magazine is professional. I have also included a graffiti background which is used so that the main image is accompanied by a relevant background. The graffiti background on one side helps distinguish the two sides of the page. The interveners questions are in the house style blue and the answers from the artist is in black. The text is small so that it follows conventions of standard magazines.
the Slug is used so that the audience knows what the content is about.
I have used a Pull quote like most standard double page spreads do. I have outlined mine without highlighting it which I have noticed from a lot of double page spreads that I had viewed. However instead, I added a box which I then filled in the solid blue background to make the quote stand out. This is the company house style colour.
I have not used any drop cap letters as I don’t think that this will suit my magazine style.
I haven’t used any side bars.
My main image takes a large amount of the page it is quite big as most of the double page spreads that have viewed has a big space used for the main image only.
I have put the Byline and credit with the blue banner used on the side of the page. It is used so that the magazine cover, table of contents and double page spread could be consistent and match the company house style. This is blue like it is on all three magazine documents produced. It is written in the font seven monkey fury BB to match the masthead font style.
The attached pictures are used so that the audience can know what the content is about by looking at the images.
The spread title is used so that the audience can read it and get a feeling to the sort of article the double page spread uses. The word “Hard” is a buzz word and will gain the audience’s attention.

No comments: